The Ontario Lavender Association is excited to announce its 2013 Photo Contest.
Lavender farms and gardens are widespread in Ontario and the perfect place to take the family or a group of friends to enjoy a tour, educational seminars, live entertainment, lavender themed foods and demonstrations. While at the farm, don’t forget to take photos and send them to us for your chance to win!
Following are the preliminary details … more information will be provided soon via the OLA website.
Official Contest Rules:
1. Contest is open to both amateur and professional photographers.
2. Photos must be taken within the previous 2 years to qualify.
3. Photos must be lavender themed and will be judged based on the following categories:
“Lavender Fields” – includes photographs taken of fields and lavender layouts
“Lavender in the Garden” – includes container and Garden arrangements using Lavender plants
“Lavender and Friends” – includes photos of lavender with people, animals or insects
“Lavender on Occasion” – photos include lavender used during different occasions throughout the year, ex. Christmas displays, wedding arrangements, lavender themed events
“The many uses of Lavender” – Photos would include any uses of lavender once removed from plant. Ex, culinary uses, product displays, or any abstract or unusual uses for lavender and it’s scent.
4. Only digital photos will be judged.
5. Photos will be accepted only from the original photographer who must be sole author and the copyright owner of photos submitted (no photos taken from the Internet are allowed)
6. Photos should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a completed application form (available soon to download from our Website)
7. If submission rules are not followed, the application and images will not be judged.
8. Elements or objects not in original scene should not be added. Printing or writing on viewable area of photo is not allowed.
9. Photographers are limited to a maximum of four submissions.
10. Late or incomplete submissions will not be judged.
Submission deadline: September 1, 2013
For more details email email@example.com